Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dear God #9

Remember back during Christmas of last year when I said that all I wanted was a job offer? I really meant that; and I got one right before Christmas, and then I also got to have an amazing winter break! You've given me so much but I'm still asking for more! I was happy with the job offer that I got. I may have said some things that made it less desirable but it was a job offer in Software Development. I got something that I wanted and I didn't even try too hard. The interview process went smooth and everyone involved made it easy.

But then You gave me more and even bigger opportunities. Even though I do all these phone interviews with any company that contacted me, I never thought that I would actually make it through; at least not with these "big" companies. But here I am, preparing myself to go to Google's New York office this Friday, and to Seattle for Amazon next Friday. I still don't know how I deserved the first job offer that I got, but I really appreciate the opportunities that are open to me. So I'm (still) asking, God, please let me do well enough in these interview that I would get job offers from them! I'm not appreciating the first one any less; there are a lot of people looking for jobs and somehow I got one. I am sure it was a gift from You. But Google and Amazon are amazing opportunities in the sense that they have a lot of different areas of Software Development/Engineering that I can get into and I would really appreciate to be able to have that.

No comments:

Post a Comment