Thursday, March 3, 2011

iPad 2

Apple announced it yesterday and pegged 2011 as "The Year of iPad 2."
It uses the dual-core A5 chip, making it twice faster than the first iPad. It's redesigned and is 33% thinner and 15% lighter. As expected, it has two cameras, enables FaceTime and HD video recording, plus Photo Booth, something that I'm quite excited about.

Another thing that I think is pretty cool: the smart cover. It looks nice, uses magnet to snap it into place and covers the screen and only the screen (I hate it when something covers the beauty of Apple products), can be used as a stand, and keeps it clean. The iPad also automatically goes to sleep when the cover is on and wakes up when cover is opened. I just think it's brilliant.



Apple sure knows how to do one thing: to sell. Their Keynote can make you believe that you need their product and that it can do all these things while at the same time making you forget about all the things it's lacking. That's why I always wait at least a day before assessing the latest Apple product. The iPad is cool, but I still don't think I need one. It's a fun thing to have, a convenience. Maybe I'll contemplate on buying one once I actually make my own money!

No comments:

Post a Comment