Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Godfather

Finally watched The Godfather trilogy. Don't know why it took me so long. I don't really know what to say about this, but it was epic. Can't argue with the fact that Part 1 and Part 2 have been called two of the best movies of all time; especially gangster movies. I especially love the first movie because Michael Corleone just emerged, out of nowhere. Listening to an interview with Al Pacino, that was his intention. To keep Michael quiet and almost invisible at first, and just comes out surprisingly to get people's attention. Part 2 is more about Michael's reign and showing how Vito Corleone got started. Part 3, the one not as highly acclaimed, had a very different vibe. It was 16 years after the second movie, and Michael Corleone made his family business legitimate. The story revolves around Michael wanting to stay out of the mafia to keep his family together. I have a soft spot for family stories; not sure why, I just do. After seeing the darkness of Don Michael Corleone in Part 2, it can be seen that he is still the good person he once was, before falling into the "family business."

Okay, as you can see I'm a very bad movie reviewer/critic or whatever. But I just have to say that all three movies were just amazing. I really love Michael Corleone. Even with all the shit he's done, he's a very smart, cool, calm and interesting person. I do have an interest in organized crime, and these movies are must-watch in the genre and in general. Great cast, great script and concept that were very well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment