Tuesday, August 24, 2010

2010 MTV VMAs

Not a big fan of MTV, at least not anymore. I can start complaining about the network but that's not what this post is for. I'm sure I have a rant somewhere on my blog before...

Anyways, I'm quite happy with their decisions for this year's VMAs. Even though I don't quite like the nominations (it's like they nominate the same 7 videos for all the categories!), I would probably watch the show now.



Reason number 1: they got Chelsea Handler to host the awards show!! I love Chelsea, she's freaking hilarious and hot!
"Everyone knows that when you think of rap music and hip-hop you think of 'Chelsea Lately.' And that's why I will be hosting [the show]," Handler quipped when she broke the news on her show Wednesday night. "Let the ass-kissing begin," the funnywoman smiled.

Reason number 2: Eminem will be there, performing! I love Em at the VMAs. Always.
You can't throw the year's biggest party without inviting the artist with the best-selling album of 2010. Especially if that guy happens to be Eminem, whose history with the MTV Video Music Awards is long, legendary and full of the kind of eye-popping moments that make the VMAs the must-TiVo event of the year.

Slim Shady will bless the show's stage on September 12, where he is nominated for eight Moonmen for his smash comeback album Recovery, the best-selling non-country release of the year.

Em joins an already star-packed roster of performers that includes Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Drake, B.o.B, and Florence and the Machine, as well as in-house DJ Deadmau5 and host Chelsea Handler. The list of presenters already includes Ke$ha, Nicki Minaj, Emma Stone, Penn Badgley, Trey Songz, Ashley Greene, Selena Gomez and Ne-Yo.
Reason number 3: kinda a rumor right now, Justin is gonna be presenting. I love me some JT!

The awards will air live from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on Sunday, September 12, at 9 p.m. ET.

No comments:

Post a Comment