Thursday, February 25, 2010

SNOW!

Okay, I retract my statement about being disappointed by the snow. I LOVE YOU SNOW!! Here's the story:

I was supposed to have my first CS 211 (Computer Architecture) midterm today at 12 noon. Since I was unable to find time (ahem) to study until last night, I decided to stay up as long as I could and just read as much as possible. I didn't actually start studying until around midnight! Because of all the TV shows, obviously. Stayed up until at least 4 a.m. and read pretty much most of the subjects covered (except for Assembly Language). I just couldn't take it any more and I thought sleep is something that some people need. I tried to sleep but it took me a while to actually fall asleep...

Set my alarm to 7 and 7.30 a.m. so I woke up around 3 hours after I fell asleep. Checked outside my window and I got pretty excited when I saw all white! Apparently it was just mist/flurries because it wasn't snowing that much and the snow didn't even stick! Decided to take a shower, and go to the dining hall to get breakfast and continue studying. After studying at the dining hall for about 1.5 hours, John came over and sat with me. I guess he was done studying because he was on his iPod all the time. About 10.30 a.m., I was done going over the lecture slides. Decided to go back and skim through everything one more time to see if I missed anything. I went to get coffee and when I get back to my table, John showed me the announcement that the professor made, that he's canceling the exam! Just about an hour before the exam was supposed to start, hours after I abandoned all hopes of this happening, IT HAPPENED!!

[Screen capture of the announcement on Sakai]

Rutgers didn't get hit that bad but other parts of New Jersey and its surrounding states are being hit by a blizzard. Apparently enough people emailed the professor saying that they wouldn't be able to make it to the exam. THANK GOD FOR COMMUTERS!! LOL

I know some people are upset that they've studied so hard and it's canceled. I was wondering if I was a little bit upset, too, since I only slept for 3 hours for this! But nope! I don't give a shit! No exam, class canceled, definitely cancels out my frustration for not being able to sleep! Well the exam is actually only postponed, not canceled completely. But it gives me more time to study and hopefully I won't fail it =p

No comments:

Post a Comment