Saturday, February 20, 2010

Newsweek Oscar Roundtable

For some reason I started watching the videos of last year's Oscar roundtable again. How can I resist Robert Downey Jr. and Brad Pitt together in the same frame? So anyway, I decided to also read the transcripts, because the do cut a lot of them out and here's something around the end of it:
[Screen capture of the transcript]

It's just interesting to see that maybe that's when they start approaching Mickey Rourke for Iron Man 2. Or at least, in my imagination of their world, these things happen at these types of events.


Another interesting one is from this year's (which I watched simply because Sandra Bullock is there). Jeff Bridges, a front runner for Best Actor in a Leading Role, talked about how surprised he was that Iron Man, such a big budgeted movie, did not have a script ready when the actors showed up. Him, Robert Downey Jr., director Jon Favreau, and the people from Marvel Comics were wrecking their brains trying to figure out what to do. I really wish I was there for the process of all that; movie with big budget, high expectations, very large, hardcore fan base, and they did not have a set idea of what the movie was going to be.

I also watched the Roundtables from 2007 (Brad Pitt was on) and 2008 (Angelina Jolie was there, but George Clooney and James McAvoy's banters was the reason I loved it so much). George was also in the one from 2006 with directors (for his movie Good Night, and Good Luck) but I couldn't find videos or transcripts. I just love how these very well respected actors gather and just...chat, like the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment