Thursday, February 25, 2010

It actually does happen in real life

I know it's wrong and it sounds morbid, but every time I go to SeaWorld and watch the Shamu show, I always wonder if these killer whales have ever killed anyone, trainers or somehow visitors, during a show. Being watched by dozens of families, bringing their young children to educate them about the world of the sea. And for some reason, I've always wanted to see it happen right in front of me. I don't actually want anybody to die or get injured. But they are killer whales. Even if they've been trained since they were born, their natural instincts are still in them. I know it can happen, and it actually did!

[Tillikum, photographed performing in September 2009, caused the death of an orca trainer in front of an audience]

The story can be found here. It's so scary and depressing, I can't even have an opinion on this. It's a really good thing that I didn't actually see that happen! However, I kinda wish someone had a video of it so I can watch it when I have the guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment