Friday, March 5, 2010

This past two weeks...

...has been just crazy! I've had so much crap to do that I might have gotten stressed. I said might, because, well, I wasn't sure. LOL

Anyways, so it started with a quiz for my Intermediate Micro class on Wednesday. I had tennis earlier that day and I couldn't get enough sleep the night before so in the afternoon, I was dead tired. The quiz was at 6.10 p.m., and would you honestly think I'd study beforehand? I pretty much crammed as much as the two chapters as possible and decided to take a rest because I just couldn't take it anymore. And then I went, took the quiz, felt okay about it even though I wasn't sure about any of it.


Afterward, it got even worse! My first CS 211 midterm is on the next day! There was a winter storm warning for Wednesday night until Friday afternoon but it's mostly for Pennsylvania, South Jersey and New York. For some reason, the forecast snow decided to skip central Jersey! I was kinda hoping for a snow day so I would have more time to study for the exam but it didn't seem likely at all because even though weather.com said that it's going to snow pretty much from Wednesday night, the whole day Thursday, and a part of Friday, it's gonna be just snow and not heavy snow, like other parts of the country. They also lifted the Winter Storm Warning for my area. So I rallied; read as much as I possibly could. I was way too tired to make sense of anything by 4 a.m. so I decided to sleep and wake up as early as possible.

And I did! When I woke up, I looked out the window and it was white. And I got pretty excited. But then I realized that the snow wasn't sticking, so the chances that classes would be canceled is very slim. Checked the website, and it's not; I thought that the exam would still be on so I got ready. I think by 9 a.m. I already showered and got ready and everything and I was at the dining hall, eating breakfast while studying some more. I told John that I was there and he came and met me there. I studied and studied, lost all hopes of cancellation, when after I got coffee John showed me the announcement on Sakai that the exam had been canceled!! That was like at 10.50 a.m., just over an hour before the exam!

So I decided to go back to my room and get some rest. But hey, guess what! Of course I didn't go back to bed like I planned to; I got stuck on the Internet instead!

The crazy storm wasn't over, though, because the CS 211 Programming Assignment 2 was due the next Tuesday and on the same day the homework for my ECON 301 Money & Banking class is due.

But since the programming assignment counts for a whole lot more, and I think that Computer Architecture trumps Money & Banking, I decided to do the assignment. It took me so long and so much energy to do it. I actually skipped both my classes on Monday and my ECON 301 class on Tuesday to work on the assignment. Obviously, as always, I didn't finish it until the very last moment. It was due at 5 p.m., and I submitted it like 10 minutes before. What's worse, when I decided to try compiling and running it again it gave me a bunch of errors when it's not supposed to. Nothing I can do though. Hopefully it's okay.

Then, of course, I had to do the ECON 301 homework to get the points! He doesn't even care if I get the answers right or not, just as long as I do it and submit it he's gonna give me full credit. So I did and I emailed it to him.

It's not over! The canceled CS 211 exam was rescheduled for Thursday (yesterday) so I had to study it again. But the programming assignment really helped a lot, in understanding a large part of the exam, so I only had to study for the Assembly part. The exam itself wasn't too bad, and now I feel like I have the weekend to rest.

However, I have my Intermediate Micro midterm on Monday and homework and midterm for Money & Banking on Friday. Thank God we get spring break after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment