Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 7: John 4-5

Forgot to read one last night so it's doubled tonight.

when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
-John 5:25b

I don't think I'm hearing, and I still don't know how to change that. I don't actually have the will to do so.

You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.
-John 5:39-40, 43

I feel like even though I'm reading the Bible, it is not reflected on my daily life. Baby steps, right? Hopefully the reading of the Bible doesn't stop and then I can actually live as how God wants me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment