Monday, March 8, 2010

The 82nd Annual Academy Awards

This year's ceremony was held last night. All the winners have been predicted beforehand, though. At least for the top categories. The Hurt Locker was a big winner. Jeff Bridges and Sandra Bullock won in Leading Role categories, while Christoph Waltz and Mo'Nique won the Supporting Roles.

One thing I have to say, during the red carpets, George Clooney pulled up in his limo with his Italian girlfriend, and unlike other celebrities who goes straight to the red carpet, George ran across the street from the Kodak Theatre to greet fans who are waiting at the other side of a fence. He ran all the way down to greet everyone there, which I thought was very sweet of him. He seemed to be in a good mood all night long and played along with one of the hosts Alec Baldwin's stare-downs.
And I think I now know why Matt Damon was laughing on his way out to the stage to present an award:
[Screen capture from @iamBenLyons Twitter page]

The highlight of the night, to me, is obviously RDJ's appearance. He presented Best Original Screenplay with Tina Fey and got the first (of the few) laugh of the night:
[Credits to Downey Unlimited for the video]

I looove his teal bow tie and shades with matching tint and sneakers. I mean, who else could pull of sneakers at the Oscars?! Him and Tina Fey both have great comedic timing and are hilarious. I agree with people from the Twitterverse, they should co-host next year's show!

Downey didn't stop there. Later on in the night he stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live! After the Academy Awards to premier the new Iron Man 2 trailer. He was as funny as ever and the trailer was amazing! I love, love, LOVE Robert Downey, Jr.!!! The entrance was just very Tony Stark!





For some reason Blogger won't let me upload the videos so I'm just gonna embed it from JKL's YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment