Sunday, March 28, 2010

2010 Formula 1

I was quite upset when I went on the website just before the season started to find that: (a) Kimi Raikkonen is nowhere to be found and (b) Michael Schumacher is back, but not with Ferrari, with Mercedes GP! I mean, what the heck?!?! Ferrari now has Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso as their drivers. And I think they banned cigarette companies from sponsorships (they were talking about it before) because Marlboro is not on the Ferrari anymore.

I am still disappointed by how things turn out in that world but I was very excited about this sport and I might try to follow it again. Apparently they changed the points system, too! Now positions 1-10 gets 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 points respectively.


Results so far:
Gulf Air Bahrain GP (03/14/10)
Winner: Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)
Runner-up: Felipe Massa (Ferrari)
[nice to see Ferrari dominating again, after a terrible season last time around]

Qantas Australian GP (03/28/10)
Winner: Jenson Button (McLaren-Mercedes)
Runner-up: Robert Kubica (Renault)
[both Ferrari drivers are 3rd and 4th]

Ferrari is currently leading on team points with 70, ahead of 2nd place McLaren-Mercedes with 54 points. Alonso leads the drivers table with 37 points, followed by Massa with 33 points and Button with 31. Next race is on April 4th (RDJ's birthday!!!) in Malaysia; maybe I'm gonna watch that.

No comments:

Post a Comment