Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Winter Break 2009 (cont'd)

Boxing day, (Didi's birthday! <3) was spent going to the mall so Kim could get a new phone (she lost her phone on Christmas day) and we had to go straight to the airport to catch our flights. My flight is scheduled 30 minutes after Kim's. We got to the airport pretty late; luckily her flight got delayed due to bad weather so she was supposed to be fine. It was taking a while to get her checked in, for some reason. I was flying Virgin America, which was at the other end of the airport so I ran there, not wanting to be late, again.

But sure enough, I was late... But the very nice lady at the check in counter told me that they have seats available for the next flight so I should be fine waiting on the standby list. The flight was so nice! Google provided free in-flight wifi for the holidays. I can honestly say that Virgin America is my favorite airline.

Got to SNA (Orange County) and took the shuttle to the Sheraton Disneyland hotel. Don't remember much, but the next day we moved to Beverly Hills, stayed at a very nice hotel, and I met up with Mondi and Eric at night. It wasn't for long, but I was just so happy I got to see them!

Then we went to Las Vegas because they wanted to celebrate New Years there. I wanted to be 21 so bad! I loved it there, but the other kids didn't. Elsa doesn't seem to like doing anything, Mel-Mel didn't like walking outside because it was too "cold" and Nina just wanted to go shopping. We stayed at The Palazzo for one night and then The Bellagio for two nights. Palazzo's room was amazing. It was really big and nice and modern (well it is a new hotel...)

New Years, didn't do much, watched a little bit of the fireworks from Planet Hollywood across the street. I just can't believe that Lance Bass was actually there, a couple hundred feet away from me, and I DIDN'T KNOW!!! I would totally have went up to him and said hi (if I don't freeze).

No comments:

Post a Comment