Friday, January 15, 2010

TV news

There's been quite a bit of TV news lately.


Okay, this one is not exactly news but I've been watching ABC'sBetter Off Ted starring Jay Harrington and Portia De Rossi. First heard about it because Portia is Ellen DeGeneres' wife and I always watch her show so I've heard her talk about it. Decided to give it a try (since I ran out of shows to watch). It's a funny show but it's not doing as well as it should. The second season is definitely better than the first so I'm hoping that it would keep on getting better. I just hope it stays on the air as long as it should. (and I want Ted and Veronica to hook up again cos I think those two together are just hilarious).


First news: Jennifer Morrison is coming back to House!! I was so upset when I found out that she was leaving because I just love the original ducklings. But there's still no news on what her story will be, but I hope she won't return as a dying patient. They said that that episode would air around March/April. Definitely something to look forward to; not like I won't be watching anyway...


Michael C. Hall, the star of Dexter, is apparently fighting cancer. I did not know about this! Michael was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma some time ago but kept the news secret.

"I feel fortunate to have been diagnosed with an imminently treatable and curable condition, and I thank my doctors and nurses for their expertise and care," Hall said in a statement.
Get well soon! :) My prayers are with you.

To a more talked about TV news: Simon Cowell is leaving American Idol! Well he's had his share of fun (and fortune) for the show and I guess he sees that it just won't get any better. He said that he's leaving the show to focus in bringing Britain's X Factor to America. As we all know, even if Cowell is sometimes too honestly mean, he's definitely one of the few who actually knows the industry. I just think it's too soon after Paula left. I kinda feel bad for Ellen DeGeneres since I am a fan of hers and want her to do well with the show.

So who's going to replace Mr. Cowell? There are talks of Elton John, Marc Anthony, and even Justin Timberlake! Well, not sure it's a good idea for J since I'm pretty sure the show won't be what it is without Simon. But Ellen and Justin together twice a week? Can't really say no to that!

The show itself is doing well. Idol's season 9 premier had 30 million people watching. I just thought that it would stay until season 10. I kinda feel bad for Ryan Seacrest if Simon leaving does tank the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment