Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I love Sherlock Holmes (and Robert Downey Jr.)

I've always thought he was cute, but I've never really appreciated the brilliance of Robert Downey Jr. Iron Man came out and like everyone else, I loved it! But then again, I was more in love with Tony Stark than the actor---he's good looking, knows all the things to say, extremely rich and has a lot of toys!

Then I became interested in Sherlock Holmes. It was because of House, really. I was obsessed with the film and since the main character was based on Holmes, I really wanted to read the books and know who he really is. I've heard about him so much in the past but I've never really known the real story. Got the book and I was really into it. The stories were so cool and I just love smart guys! =p

When I was reading the first novel, "A Study in Scarlet", I thought, this would make a great movie! And sure enough, the smarter people have thought about it before I did. I was already excited about the Sherlock Holmes movie, and I was even more excited when I heard that Robert Downey Jr. was playing Holmes! It got even better when they were saying that they would go back to the books and how Sir Arthur Conan Doyle creates Holmes to be, plus they got Jude Law to play Dr. John Watson!

Watched the movie on the opening day and I LOVED IT!!! Holmes and Watson are so bad-ass. I love the chemistry between the two, and I really like Irene Adler (played by Rachel McAdams).

Of course, I brought my obsession to YouTube and watched all the interviews with Downey. The guy is hilarious! I wouldn't love him if he weren't. He also won the Golden Globes last night as Best Actor in Motion Picture - Comedy/Musical and, hands down, best speech of the night:

And then an interview with the Hollywood Foreign Press:


I think it's kinda funny that they sat Robert next to Sandra Bullock and both of them won right after the other.

Can't wait for Iron Man 2 to be out, later this year! :) and they're talking about a sequel to Sherlock Holmes. I just love all the good movies lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment