Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hope for Haiti Now

George Clooney decided that he, and his celebrity friends, should raise awareness and money to help the cause in Haiti. Of course, with something this big, everyone got on board. In just a couple days, the number of television networks and celebrities that are participating in Hope for Haiti Now sky-rocketed. Clooney hosted the show in LA, while Wyclef Jean manned New York. CNN's Anderson Cooper was still in Haiti, reporting live from the scene.

Watched the broadcast last night on CNN and it was very touching. Tried calling quite a few times but I never got through. Decided to buy the performances on iTunes (all proceeds go to charity). I have to say I watched it partly because Justin Timberlake was performing (and all my favorite celebrities are going to be there).

Justin performed "Hallelujah" with Matt Morris and it was just a beautiful performance:


Justin was also answering calls from the telethon, which is the reason why I wanted to call in, the littlest chance to talk to him. If he weren't there I wouldn't even consider it, I could just text or go to the website to donate. Here's a pic of him at the telethon table:

[Timberlake and Cooper had a little chat during the telethon]

I mean, JT and Bradley Cooper in the same frame?! Love it! Also saw some pics of him with Camy D, talking (but they're all watermarked). Nice to see them as friends--or at least friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment