Monday, January 25, 2010

RDJ day


After such and eventful Saturday, I decided that I would bum out for the whole day on Sunday yesterday. The easiest way to waste the whole day is, of course, by watching movies. Since I'm still obsessed with Mr. Downey, I basically filled the day with him.

I read Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's A Scandal in Bohemia, the short story where Irene Adler shows up. I do prefer the novels better because it goes into the details of the cases and the mystery and everything. The short story is just--well--too short!

Of course, I re-watched Sherlock Holmes for the third time in less than a month. Anyways, now that I know more about Irene Adler, I now get the file and photo thing in Holmes' room in the movie. I think if someone doesn't know anything about Sherlock Holmes, the movie wouldn't be as exciting as I found it to be because you miss a lot of the little things. The "VR" that Holmes shot to his wall, who Adler and Prof. Moriarty are, the relationship between Holmes and Watson, and Mary Morstan have to be read from the book.

Obviously I watched any Robert Downey Jr. video on YouTube until I couldn't find anything interesting. I was actually on IMDB for quite a while looking for RDJ movies that I can watch, but some of them are hard to find.

Next, I watched The Soloist. It was a pretty good movie, but after watching RDJ blockbusters like Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes, it wasn't really anything special. It was touching and RDJ was cute but I didn't love it as much as the other two.

After a little break, I decided to download and watch Good Night, and Good Luck. I knew I wouldn't be too interested in the movie but it did score high with the critics. Plus, RDJ and George Clooney in the same movie can't be too bad, right? Well, let's just say I don't even understand a single thing.

For the last movie of the day, I watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Eric has told me that it's hilarious for a while now. The fact that his son, Indio Falconer Downey, plays young Robert. Okay, it WAS HILARIOUS! RDJ was so adorable! He was awkward but cute. Kinda dumb but still very attractive. I love his haircut in the movie. Just his look in general. I do love clean cut guys.

Ended up the night with more YouTube-ing and reading Wikipedia. Love RDJ. Still can't believe what took me so long to appreciate him.

No comments:

Post a Comment