Sunday, December 27, 2009

Winter break 2009...so far


It started with Kim being unable to fly to New York because of the storm (well it was really pretty and I was so excited to see snow!) and they flew her all the way to Memphis, TN (again, I was actually a little bit excited because I've always wanted to go there, just to see where J was from)!! I mean, wth?! She wanted to go from Indiana to New York and they brought her to the south... She got stuck there for 11 hours before they flew her straight to San Francisco. At least she got there just fine and her friends picked her up.

My flight from EWR to SFO was at 7.10 a.m. so I didn't really sleep the night before, left at around 4.45 a.m and took the 5 a.m. train to EWR. I dragged my large, heavy suitcase across Rutgers College Ave Campus. It snowed A LOT the previous days so it was even harder to drag that thing. I also had to carry that thing up the stairs because the elevator was on the other side of the station.

Got to Newark around 5.30, I thought I was early, because it was a domestic flight. And I just couldn't believe how long the check-in line for Continental Airlines was! It was INSANE!! I know it was the holidays, but still! I've never seen anything like it! Stood in line for more than an hour, I didn't even get halfway through the line. After asking the personnel if I could skip the line, she said that it won't be possible since almost everyone is pretty much missing their flights. She suggested that I'd just miss my flight and go upstairs to the Flight Reacommodation line to get rebooked instead; so I did.

And of course, the line wasn't that much better there. I waited an hour, and then they took us to the other side of the airport, because Continental have less busy counters there. Took me another half an hour (at least) to finally be told that they're pretty much fully booked until the 24th night, and they can only put me on standby for as long as I want to wait.

I was there running from gate to gate, standing in the Customer Service line for another hour to get my name on the standby list! Their system was just stupid! After 12+ hours at the airport, they finally flew me out! I just didn't care anymore, I just want to be able to sleep.

But San Fran was a blast. Kim's friends were cool (some are annoying, but you know you'll find some of those in every group). On the 23rd, we watched Avatar in the afternoon, which was awesome!

For the night, though, it was either meet Mondi and Eric for a couple hours, or go to a gay club with Kim and her friends. I already bought a dress, a pricey one at that, too! But it was a pretty dress so even if I didn't wear it that night I'd keep it! I decided to go with Mondi and Eric, because, you know, I'm not that into clubs and crowded places. But the timing just wasn't right and I got Eric pissed off because I couldn't leave and they were already tired. I had to go to the gay club...

It was..interesting..to say the least. Right when we got into the club, there were 2 guys stripping on the table. So we went to the other room. I don't dance, so being there was just weird. Even though it was fun...

At the end, when the club was dying, Kim was so tired because she was wearing really high heels so we went to the restroom and sat there, waiting for the others to be done. There were a couple of gay guys who went in and we talked for a bit. They were pretty drunk and hilarious! When we decided to go out, the club was already empty!

The next day, we had a Christmas dinner at Darma's friend's apartment with a bunch of people that we don't know. It was awkward because me and Kim just sat there and talk between ourselves. After eating and stuff it got kinda better because someone had a guitar and started playing and people were singing along. It got cold (we were outside at the BBQ area) so I had a couple glasses of wine and champagne to keep myself warm. But then after a while Kim got a call (from Andy, I assume?) so she left. They dragged me outside and gave me a shot of Grey Goose. Hey, one shot wouldn't hurt; especially when it's that cold! I hate vodka, but I can drink some.

Before I knew it, I've had at least 3 shots and we finished 2 bottles of Grey Goose in 5-10 minutes! I went inside because I knew I shouldn't drink any more. A couple of us were already gone and when Kim came back I told her to make sure I don't drink more! That didn't happen; they dragged us back outside and I ended up with 2-3 more shots (couldn't even remember).

We decided that it's time to go back because we had to walk back to Darma's apartment and Bryan who's staying with us was gone and Darma was a little bit, too. Me and Kim weren't that sober either. And we had to wake up really early the next day because we were gonna watch Sherlock Holmes at 10 in the morning! (The thought of spending 1.5-2 hours of Christmas with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law and Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson was just so exciting!)

I couldn't decide, when I wake up in the morning, if I was hungover or still drunk... But we made it to the movie on time! And it was AMAZING!!! I LOOOOOOVE SHERLOCK HOLMES! The actors who play the main characters aren't too bad either, are they? They should totally make a movie for each of the novels! I mean, there are only 4 of them! And it has to be with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law! Now I just want to finish reading the Sherlock Holmes stories!

The rest of the day was spent walking around San Fran finding something to do, since everything is closed for Christmas.

[to be continued... this is taking a while]

No comments:

Post a Comment