Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dexter season finale



Dexter's season finale aired on Sunday night, but since I was still finishing up Mad Men, I delayed watching it for a couple hours. It was kinda strange, after spending 3 days watching men in the 60s to a clash of two serial killers.

The show's creator and cast have been teasing us about the finale with "it will blow your head off" and they certainly delivered!

Throughout the episode, Dexter was so distracted because Trinity finally found him and that he might get to Rita and the kids. He made sure that they are away and safe so that he can get this over with. At the end of the episode, they killed off...

RITA!!! She was there, in her bathtub, lifeless, with Harrison sitting there on the floor with a pool of blood. Like everyone else, I rewind to the point where Dex was killing Trinity. The conversation that they had, the things that Trinity said, made a lot more meaning after knowing that he killed Rita.

Harrison was "born in blood" like Dexter did. I can't wait for the next season! What will the writers do this time?! Dexter now realizes that he can't live his life the way he was because it ended up killing Rita. So there's a possibility that he'd try to stay away from the kids. But I'm sure he'd give more attention to Harrison, not wanting him to end up like himself. It was INSANE!

Somehow I kinda guessed that it might be Rita who gets killed off, but with 3 young children I didn't think that it would actually happen!! It is brave by the show runners to kill off a character that has been with us since the very beginning. But then again Rita was kinda annoying. She was just holding Dexter back. I just feel bad for the kids! (even though, you know, it's not real)

For some reason I've only watched the episode once so far but I'm sure I'm gonna watch it again...and again...

How crazy the ending was didn't have that much impact on me since I've been watching Mad Men the past 3 days, then I jumped into Dexter. They all got mixed up in my head. I'm gonna clear myself off Mad Men first and watch Dexter again, maybe this time it will really, really get me.

[for some reason I can't find any pictures of Rita in the bathtub or Harrison sitting in blood]

No comments:

Post a Comment