Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Golden Globe Nominations

You can see the complete list here.

Last year, I knew who I wanted to win, Hugh Laurie for Best Actor Drama and House for Best TV Series Drama. But neither won, with Best Series going to Mad Men. And in the course of the year I have been hooked on Dexter and Mad Men. All three shows are nominated for Best Television Series, Drama, and their lead actors, Hugh Laurie (House), Michael C Hall (Dexter) and Jon Hamm (Mad Men) are all nominated for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series, Drama. I can't decide who to root for!

I mean, how could you not love House?! Right now I can't stop thinking about Mad Men and how cool Don Draper is and what gentlemen they were back in the 60s... I just watched Dexter's season 4 finale and it's just plain amazing.

I do believe that Dexter's Jennifer Carpenter, who plays Dex's sister Debra on the show, deserves a nod. She's been brilliant since the first season but has never been recognized! Hopefully, next year people realize how good she is...

I kinda want Hugh Laurie to win because this is his sixth season and he's been performing well every single year. For the show, I want Dexter to win because it's just awesome! Not saying that the others aren't, but they definitely deserve to win something! Mad Men has had an amazing year last year so it's time for the others to win... (and for some reason I feel like all my favorites will get snubbed and some random show will win).

For the motion picture category, George Clooney's Up In the Air is leading the pack with 6 nominations. It seems like a fun movie to watch (esp. with Clooney in it) and I can't wait to watch it. Apparently it's a great movie, too!

The Golden Globes will air on January 17th, 2010 on NBC.
By and large, Globe voters rewarded the messed-up (Mad Men's Jon Hamm), the damaged (House's Hugh Laurie), the bloodied (True Blood's Anna Paquin) and the bloodier (Dexter's Michael C. Hall)—as it should be, since happy folks are happy, awards-season love or no.

Apparently I have an attraction to messed-up, damaged, and bloody men.

No comments:

Post a Comment