Saturday, August 8, 2009

"We'll find each other. We always find each other."

I've been watching Alias from the first season since about 2 weeks ago. Here are my thoughts:

Season 1 was good, cos that's how it all started. I love the fact that Sydney had life outside of SD-6 or the CIA or whoever she was working for. Will and Francie were on the show quite a bit and I loved it. I also really liked the secret meetings between Sydney and Vaughn. When Will, Francie and Vaughn are around Sydney, at least there are moments where you can see her having fun. Once they're not there anymore, Syd always looks so depressed.

I love season 2 because Syd/Vaughn started their relationship. He's just so adorable! Hated the evil Francie (or whoever her name was) and that they put Will in witness protection program and Syd lost her two best friends.

Didn't like season 3 because Vaughn got married. I mean they've known each other for two years and they just started dating by the end of those two years. Syd was supposedly dead for two years and Vaughn was already married to that b*tch! (well I can't really blame her for hating Sydney but still!!)

Season 4 - I think during the shooting Michael Vartan and Jennifer Garner just broke up, and you can actually see the awkwardness of their relationship on screen. The storyline started to get boring...

Season 5, hating it so far! I'm currently watching the 4th episode and I don't understand why they're rushing everything but cut the season short. Everything seems to be in fast forward. Too much happen so fast that they don't seem significant.
It's like they're doing this all over again. The new girl is the new Sydney, worked for a terrorist organization saying they were actually CIA. The new bad guy has a female agent that goes up against her. The organization has 12 cells or whatever, like the Alliance in the first season.
At the end of season 4 they made it seem like Michael Vaughn is a double agent. Then they showed that he's actually not. And they killed him off!! In the first episode! I guess that's why I've never really watched season 5, I just skimmed through it, until they brought Vaughn back.
They also let go of Eric Weiss, kept Nadia Santos in a coma, had Arvin Sloane in jail and Irina Derevko is still gone. It's their last season and they got new people and got rid of so many of their regulars. After watching it for 4 years, you feel like you actually know these people you watch every week, and they replaced them with these new people that we don't really care about?! They even got new people as their enemies! Where the hell did Julian Sark go? We loved him!!

The Sloane/Irina evil turns good turns evil again got boring by this time.

I think I'm complaining too much. Yet, I'm still watching every single minute of every single episode. Gonna watch HawthoRNe soon. Hopefully MV will get more screen time on that show (cos I didn't get enough MV on the first episode). Syd/Vaughn are definitely one of my fave TV couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment