Friday, August 14, 2009

HawthoRNe

So I decided to watch Michael Vartan's new TV show on TNT, HawthoRNe. (actually it's more like Jada Pinkett-Smith's show, she has the central role).


I have all 9 episodes that have aired so far. The tenth episode, the season finale, will air next Tuesday so I would have to wait until then. The show revolves around Jada's character, nurse Cristina Hawthorne, who is the head nurse. Vartan plays the Chief of Surgery, Dr. Tom Wakefield. The season starts on the one year anniversary of the passing of Hawthorne's husband. He was a patient of Dr. Wakefield, who is the couple's friend.

With all the medical dramas on TV these days, HawthoRNe needs to be different and catchy. So far, they fail to do that. They already have shows that focuses on a strong, female nurse. And they sure don't give you the "I can't wait for next week's episode" thing. It's not the best show, but it's not that bad either. Of course, Michael Vartan in a tux always helps.
[Dr. Wakefield, 1.07]

HawthoRNe was just given a chance for a second season. I'm still not sure when that's gonna air. I just hope that the season finale would get my attention more and give us an interesting plot. They should give Vartan more screen time. I think Tom and Cristina might have something going on between them. Even though that would almost certainly give Tom a more central role, I hope they would wait for it to happen. Throwing that too soon might ruin the show.

My favorite episode so far is 1.07, because that's when Michael wears the tux (in picture) and he speaks French a little bit (he tells us a 'secret' which is about him being born in France and his father still lives there; which is true about Michael himself).

No comments:

Post a Comment