Saturday, June 20, 2009

F1 in trouble


The deadline has passed and the 8 teams in Formula One Teams Association (FOTA) failed to reach an agreement with the FIA about rule changes for the upcoming seasons.

For now, it seems like they're gonna be divided into 2 races next season. FOTA consists of the following teams: BMW Sauber, Brawn, Ferrari, McLaren, Red Bull, Renault, Toro Rosso, Toyota. It was announced yesterday that their association will have their own series in 2010.

I don't really know what rules they are talking about and I'm not even curious. However, seeing that the big names of F1 are in FOTA, I have to say that if I must choose I'd watch FOTA's series rather than F1 itself. But either way, if this issue is not resoled soon it might be the beginning of the end for the Formula 1 series. It's never a good idea to split a successful series into 2 competing series.

No comments:

Post a Comment