Wednesday, June 9, 2010

2010 WWDC

The event was held at 10 a.m. PST on Monday morning. The only thing that is important is, obviously, Steve Jobs' keynote presentation. This is where Apple publicly announces their latest gadgets or technology breakthroughs. Of course, everyone was just waiting for the new iPhone to be announced.

[iPhone 4]

It is called iPhone 4, not 4G or HD as previously rumored. It looks exactly like the one that was left at a bar. I have just noticed that the Micro SIM tray is on the right side, instead of the top (unless I was mistaken). The most interesting thing, to me, is the display. It is a significant upgrade from previous iPhones, with 326 ppi. Its 5 megapixel camera (with LED flash), they say, will be able to record HD videos at 720p and 30 fps! That I found hard to believe, but the people who attended the event seemed impressed. Compared to iPhone 3GS, the new iPhone's display looked A LOT better!


There's also a front facing camera, that can be used for video calling (dubbed Face-Time by the Apple team). Even that camera seems quite good, when Jobs tried it with a colleague. Unfortunately, it only works between iPhone 4's. It is an Internet application so it's supposed to be free. Most of the other things have been discussed, and predicted, from that "stolen" iPhone.

Apple also changed the name of their iPhone OS to iOS 4. All of its main features have been previously announced so there was nothing new at that.

To be honest, I was kinda hoping for a new Mac OS. I guess I won't mind waiting another year. Right now I just want the iOS 4, and I'm keeping my 3G. Maybe next year, after I graduate, I can get a new MacBook (Pro) and a new iPhone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment