Monday, January 5, 2009

In loving memory: 2008

At the start of this new year I would like to remember all the wonderful things that happened throughout 2008. Well I don't remember much cos you know.. I'm that ignorant.

It was my 2nd and 3rd semester at Rutgers and I was kinda settled in already. My 2nd semester was really nice, cos I got good grades and all. Last semester, not really. (and where the hell is my Discrete Structures grade?!) Moved from Livingston's Quad 2 to Busch's Judson Suite. Livingston was really nice and it kinda felt like home. But it was too quiet most of the times. Busch is really nice too, at least you can see people around. But it's like everywhere I turn I see Asians. LOL And my suitemates, love them all!! =) All 5 of them stressing out about Orgo exam while I was in front of my computer trying to find something to do... The last day before their Orgo final they were freaking out, staying up all night to study, and all that and I still didn't have much to do. (gotta love being a CS major). Also became friends with a Kevin and his roommates. Funny cos all of us lived together in Quad 2 freshmen year but we didn't even know each other. Dhruv, good job on being accepted to U Illinois, good luck there! It was really nice knowing you.

For my birthday, Kevin took me out for ice cream and Starbucks while my roommates decorated our suite and got cake and pizza. It was after their Orgo exam too! Thanks soooooo much for that! I know how depressing that subject is for all of you and to be able to plan all that and did it in the midst of your studying, you guys are the best!

During the summer I went back home. Out of those 3 1/2 months, I was probably only active for 2 months. And the rest of those time? I stayed at home watcing DVDs. Most likely to be the same next summer. Went to Bali again with my friends, that was fun. Miss you guys so much! Though I was kinda disappointed that some of my friends went on different ways that we couldn't even hang out anymore, the whole summer was fun.

This winter break wasn't as fun as I wanted it to be. I love T.Philia and her family and I'm very thankful that they let me stay here and take really good care of me. And thank you so much for all the presents even though I didn't get anything for anyone. But Christmas and New Years without my family didn't feel like the happy holidays I always loved. Miss Mama, Didi, koko, and Moti even more during those times. Moti is 11 now and I bet he's getting even taller now. Man I miss him so much!!

2008 was a really, really good year for Manchester United. They defended the Premier League title, and added European glory to their list. I don't think any United fan will be able to forget that rainy May night in Moscow. Whatever that was that I felt when watching the penalty shootout, I have never felt like that other than that one time. Watching the videos on YouTube still give me chills! Bet that moment when Terry cried after missing his penalty, millions of people wearing the same blue jersey were crying also (while me, and others in red, jumped full of joy full of BELIEVE for Man Utd).

They also became the World Champions later that year. I mean, it was their year. And I'm hoping really bad that 2009 would be the same, or even better... another treble after 10 years!

Justin is still with Jessica (almost 2 years now) and I guess I can be happy for him. Cos he seems really happy. His movie with Mike Myers, I hated it. But whatever the guy is so freaking hot! He worked with other artists a lot but I think it's time for him to do his own thing again. I really want some new JT stuff. (or maybe JC should release Kate!) He became a bigger golf addict, and now a spokesperson for Callaway. Had his own golf tournament in Vegas in October, and had a deal for 4 more years of those. I really hope I can get to see one of his shows soon.

I became obsessed with F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Matthew Perry, and Studio 60. Well all that revolve around Matty. He's so darn cute and hilarious as hell! He seems like a smart guy too. I can't stop watching those shows. I watched all 10 seasons of F.R.I.E.N.D.S (from beginning to end) at least 4 times in the last few months and Studio 60 at least 3 times.

New years resolution 2009:
1. work out more!! Lose some weight (or stop gaining weight!)
2. try to get a part time job
3. STUDY HARDER
4. search for scholarships
5. be more active & sociable
6. pay more attention to everything
7. make more friends
8. FIND JUSTIN!! LOL (or see his show when he's around)

No comments:

Post a Comment