Monday, May 21, 2012

Farewell, Owen!

Read from bottom to top. Taken from his Twitter account

A few days late, but here it is. I would like to say: thanks, Owen! Though it's a shame that injuries have prevented Owen from contributing more to United, I believe that he's done more than most people think.


Obviously, there's the Manchester derby winner that will forever be remembered by United fans (and probably City fans, too), and we'll always be grateful for that:

I can still somewhat feel the thrill whenever I watch this video!

Moreover, I believe that he's brought great influence and experience to our young strikers. Owen is still a top finisher; he has great positioning, timing, and finishing. I believe that having him around during training have taught our helped strikers a thing or two.

Sir Alex Ferguson also praised Owen's contribution to the team:
"It is a pleasure to have had Michael at Manchester United. Michael is a consummate professional and was an influential figure in our dressing room. Unfortunately he had no luck with his injury this season. Michael’s record of goals per game is exceptional and we wish him all the best for the future."
Best of luck, Owen! It's been a pleasure to have you in the team. And I agree with Sir Alex, I'm a fan of his professionalism; he's handled himself in public very well (yes, including on Twitter) since joining United.

Who's gonna be our next #7? Plenty of United fans suggested Antonio Valencia. Especially after winning three awards at United's Player of the Year awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment