Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dear God #10

Of course, I'm getting these thoughts right when I'm trying to sleep, right?

In any case, I find that I still feel guilty, for the fact that I'm not quite a believer anymore. I mean, I think I still believe that a god exists - maybe I just like to think that there's something more powerful, more mighty, than us mere humans; but that's also the foundation of why I believe that there are other lives in the universe.

I'm not exactly sure, but I think I still believe in the existence of God. Although, the God I believe in is more rational than the God that other people talk about. I just don't know if I believe in the values of Christianity anymore.

The funny thing is, when I ask myself what exactly made me question my own religion and beliefs, the only answer that I can come up with is that I read the bible. I tried; for a few nights a couple years ago, I'd read a chapter of the bible, which made me very skeptical. I questioned everything and just thought that, for the most part, all that was very dumb. There are good values that I can get from it, I know, but I can't just rely my faith on this...book.

I should really sleep now. My thoughts are going everywhere and that's never a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment