Monday, April 30, 2012

Dammit, United! Way to bottle it!

4 points in 4 games after being 8 points clear, 0 attempts on target today. What.the.fuck?! Not a great way to start my week in Orlando!

I could understand Sir Alex Ferguson's choice to fight for a draw instead of gunning for a win, although I disagreed with it. Manchester United is not a team to defend. I know Ji Sung Park is the big-match player, but he hasn't played in a while; I honestly don't understand why he started ahead of Antonio Valencia or Ashley Young, both of whom have played well lately. Ryan Giggs, I believe, was chosen for his experience; but let's face it, as much as I love Giggsy, he hasn't played well this season. Even though I'd really hate to see him retire, this season has shown that he's probably past it.

Going 1-0 down right before half time is never good. But I thought it would be a wake up call for Fergie to change things up, that we'd be better off trying to score goals instead of preventing more in. Fergie being Fergie, he kept his team at half time.

But the 0 attempts on target throughout the whole match (with 5 off target) is the one that got me. It's like we weren't even trying. What the fuck, United?! Now City is on their way to the title, and we're left with absolutely nothing for the season. I know this would happen sooner or later, but I just didn't think that it would happen in the hands of City.

I know that mathematically, we still have a chance, so I'll keep this tiny hope until it's really over. But really, we need to bounce back next season. We really need an experienced midfielder, a good right back, someone to challenge Evra, and a good partner for Rooney. But I'd settle for a good midfielder for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment