Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I should go into Astrophysics

I've been listening to Neil deGrasse Tyson's Star Talk Radio podcast, and my interest in the field has definitely grown. I'm actually considering going to grad school in Astrophysics; seems way more interesting than Computer Science. But Astrophysics is a research field and I'm not sure I have the drive/passion/persistence to go through with it.


In any case, I've always had some interest in the field; I did take 2 semesters of Astrophysics in senior year. But I have learned a whole lot just from listening to a few episodes of the podcast. I actually remember some of the things I learned from those college courses (I know, it was only 1-2 years ago).

The only thing that annoys me about this podcast is Neil's co-host, Lynne Koplitz. For some reason, she just annoys me. I know she's a comedienne so she's there to throw in some funny quips, but I don't think she adds anything to the show. Neil is plenty funny on his own. Even other comedians who have been a guest or a guest co-host on the show are funnier and/or better suited for the topics at hand. I always enjoy the episode more when she's not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment