Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Uh oh...

The fourth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean series might be in trouble. Not only did it lose two of its main characters, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley, it is now facing budget cuts that might compromise its quality.


The loss of two of its stars was quite a bit of worry for me, but I thought Johnny Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow's antiques is enough reason for a movie to be good. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, which was scheduled to start shooting in June, is only given $200 million--still a big amount but it's more than a third less than the budget of At World's End. The shooting has been moved from Los Angeles and the Caribbean to the much cheaper London and Hawaii. Shooting days have also been cut down from 145 to 90.

I have faith that this wouldn't jeopardize the movie's brilliance; after all, it is Johnny Depp playing a crazy pirate. But I have high hopes and expectations for this movie. I was hoping to cut back on my RDJ obsession and share it with Depp. And I was hoping that this movie would help me to that direction. I know it won't come out until next summer but this summer is all about Iron Man 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment