Saturday, April 17, 2010

I just can't stay away from United!

After the terrible 2 weeks that United had (knocked out of the Champions League after looking like a sure win after 30 minutes; and from leading Chelsea by 2 points, we were chasing the top of the board by 4 points), I told myself that I'm just gonna stay away from anything United--or anything football related--until the end of the season. Because, who knows, maybe United will surprise me with a Premier League trophy celebration!

[The team celebrates after the final whistle]
But the Manchester derby was today and I just couldn't help my curiosity of the score. My spirit was lifted when I saw some Facebook wall posts of United fans having a great day. So I checked Livescore. Apparently, we won 1-0 with a Paul Scholes goal in the 90th minute.


Went on Facebook's MUG to watch the highlights, and even though I didn't watch it live, it was still thrilling. Scholes' goal wasn't actually in the 90th minute, more like in the 93rd. Again, this season, United snatches the derby win at the very last minute of added time.
[Scholes header in the last minute of added time.]
The celebration says it all. Not only did we beat City, who's had a great 3-straight-wins run, we're still in the running! The even better news: Tottenham Hotspurs has done us a huge favor, by beating Arsenal in midweek and Chelsea a couple hours ago. Bad news: they're coming to Old Trafford next weekend!

We're now back up to a point behind Chelsea, with 3 remaining games of the title run in. Arsenal is still not out of the picture yet! They're 5 points behind United, but with a game in hand. Tottenham is now favorites to get the fourth spot, getting ahead of City by 2 points after today's matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment