Monday, May 25, 2009

Home!!

I'm finally home!! Arrived in the country yesterday morning, at around 9am. I don't remember much about the flights themselves but I know they were painful!

It was around 7-8 hours from JFK to Frankfurt. I got to walk around the airport for about an hour and a half, but there was nothing there... Then it was the long, 11+ hours flight from Frankfurt to Singapore. I had the nice aisle seat close to the back of the plane but I was asked if I wanted to switch seats with this guy because his family members were seating on the seats next to mine. And could I really say no? I ended up getting a middle seat a little bit to the front. Didn't like it at all, but what can I do? It was so freaking long and it was so hard to be comfortable...

I finally got to Singapore at around 6am local time, and it was still dark outside! Strange thing, Changi feels so much like home. Been there too often I guess. But it's a really nice airport so I wouldn't mind staying there for hours. I was only there for about 2 hours or so. Loved the free internet cos I haven't been online for so long (or so it seemed). Then I had to go back into yet another plane for my final 2hour flight to Juanda. And then, I'm finally home...

Before immigration they had us fill out a form for H1N1 flu, to see if we have any contact with someone who has it, or if we have the symptoms ourselves. Then they sprayed something to our hands and carry-on luggage.

I got a little bit of jet-lag. I was so tired by 3pm yesterday so I decided to take "a little nap". That little nap of mine was from 4-9.30pm! lol Then at 1am I was again tired and went to bed, hoping to return to my normal sleeping habit. But at 5.30 am I woke up. Forced myself back to sleep, I managed to not wake up until 8am. Decided that it would be best to get up and watch AC360 :) [didn't know they show it here..it was live, too!] But it was strange because the live blog wasn't up today. It was also strange to be watching AC in the morning.

Hopefully this jetlag would go away soon, cos I want to start going out with my friends again.

And I'm currently reading A Study in Scarlet, the first novel of the Sherlock Holmes stories. I bought the Barnes & Noble version of The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Volume 1, and it's very interesting. I got interested because House was based on this character. But in reality I think David Shore picked some of Holmes' characteristics and some of Watson's to create House. And it was the genius move! House is such an interesting character. Holmes, I don't know yet. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle hasn't shown us much of Holmes' character. I'm hoping that I'd read a lot this summer.

Random AC fact of the day:
He doesn't own an umbrella

No comments:

Post a Comment