Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Safari 4 (Beta)

I decided to try out Safari 4 cos someone told me that it looks pretty cool, so I downloaded it last night. Since it requires me to restart my computer I waited until this morning to try it out.

The first think I noticed (because it's right there when you open Safari) is the "Top Sites" feature that they have. It is very similar to Firefox's "Fast Dial" add-on that I've been using.
The design is very nice and this feature definitely makes it faster and easier to browse the web. I love the Fast Dial on Firefox, and I believe I'm going to love this too. I was hoping that they would let us manually enter the sites that we want. They also use cover flow for bookmarks and history, which is pretty cool...
This is really cool. Very unique, as a browser that is. The design is very nice, very "Mac" (and you know how much I love Macs ;p).  They also moved the tabs to the top of the window

So far it's been great. There are some bugs but it is a beta version after all. When Safari 4 is released officially, I'm definitely gonna try it out for my default browser.

No comments:

Post a Comment