Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon


It's been 2 episodes of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon so far and here are my thoughts:

First of all, the build up to the premier week has been huge. I love how they interact with the public so much. From their website with the webisodes and "Ask Jimmy," to Twitter updates from both Jimmy and the show itself.

Monday, March 2nd, 2009, was Jimmy Fallon's first day as Late Night's host. For some reason I always picture Jimmy as this guy who's always nervous--in a cute way. Conan O'Brien made a short cameo in the intro, was pretty funny. Fallon's first monologue was actually pretty good (people say way better than Conan O'Brien's first monologue. I didn't watch it so I wouldn't know). He seemed a little awkward at times but I'm sure he just needs to get used to it.

I'm not a fan of his game "Lick It for Ten," I thought it was dumb and not interesting at all. The low point of the show. Then the first guest, Oscar winner Robert DeNiro. I know Fallon felt honored that DeNiro accepted to be the first guest on the show but that is not a good choice for a first show guest. Especially when Fallon was still trying to get comfortable with the whole show thing and interviewing people. DeNiro is not an easy person to interview.

Justin Timberlake came on as the second guest and he got the energy up. Eased the show up a bit. I guess Fallon was way too nervous interviewing DeNiro, and when JT came on the show lit up and became funnier. Now Justin is a good choice for a first show guest. Easy to interview and funny. His impressions were really good, too!

Second show, Tuesday, saw a huge improvement from Fallon himself and the whole show in general. The guests, Tina Fey and Jon Bon Jovi, were really funny so the interview was easy. (I looove Tina Fey!) Fey and Fallon used to do Weekend Updates on SNL together and I've always loved interviews when the interviewer and the interviewee know each other and they do the interview kinda candid. IMO,  this second show was really good. Missing Justin but other than that it was really good.

With the improvement rate like this, everyone's gonna love him by the end of the week. And his guest list is very impressive. I think it's Cameron Diaz tonight. And I hope that wouldn't stop on premier week. Will be watching, Jimmy! You're gonna be great! Have Justin on as much as possible!!

Check out videos and full episodes on the show's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment