Saturday, November 8, 2008

Arsenal 2-1 Manchester United

A GREAT start for the weekend, isn't it? Waking up at 7.30 am to see United lost... In all fairness, Arsenal played well. The game itself was very entertaining. United missed too many chances and the defense was pure crap. Great job by Rafael, coming in for Gary Neville who weren't playing well, turned United's right side from vulnerable to dangerous in attack. The goal was really good, too. Unfortunately we couldn't celebrate it with a point.

Easy chances were missed by Carrick, Rooney, and Ronaldo (the ones that I can remember now). We could have won the game if we grabbed our chances. Rafael came in with half an hour left in the game and turned the game around. Ronaldo got his partner in attack from the right and United were instantly more dangerous.

Gary Neville didn't have the best of games. I can understand why Fergie chose him. Brown was injured so it was either Neville or Rafael. With the experience difference between the two, it's obvious why Fergie would choose United's #1 captain. But when Rafael finally got his chance in the big game, he showed everyone that he's here and he won't let his lack of experience get in the way of being chosen for the starting XI. Neville, beware, he might just took that spot away from you...

United's defense was just terrible. Arsenal got too many free headers and space in front of goal. I don't know what happened there. And we were slow, too!

We really need to get back to our winning form soon if we want the trophies! I felt really terrible after the final whistle. Haven't felt like that in a while... My heart was pounding so hard that my chest started hurting and it was a little hard to breath. Felt like something was stuck in my throat. Damn... So I'm gonna be watching the last season of F.R.I.E.N.D.S all day today to make myself feel better. And hopefully by the end of the night I'd get my programming assignment done.

No comments:

Post a Comment