Wednesday, September 22, 2010

BerbaLove

After that performance, and being the current top-scorer, makes everyone express their love for Berbatov.


Manchester Utd 2-0 Liverpool

Simão | MySpace Video



After two seasons of jokes about laziness and wasted millions, our dear friend Dimitar Berbatov is shutting down his detractors by scoring goals at will and carrying Manchester United on his debonair back. His hat trick against Liverpool on Sunday not only sealed a 3-2 victory for Man United after the Scousers stormed back with a Steven Gerrard brace, but it put The Berba on six goals for the season. Wayne Rooney has one.

The gem of the match came in the 59th minute, though, when The Berba knocked a wondrous overhead kick off the crossbar for his second goal, sparking immediate proclamations that the goal of the season had just been scored.

I'm sure...The Continental will have much to say about it on Monday.
source
STATS: The Berb
- Berbatov scored 27 league goals in 70 appearances for Spurs, prompting the £30m transfer fee. After being widely criticised by sections of United fans, the media and rival fans, Berbatov has scored 27 league goals in 69 appearances for United.
- Berbatov has collected 18 assists in those 69 appearances, giving a total of 45 goals scored or created, an average of 0.7 per game.
- In Wayne Rooney’s first 69 appearances for the club, he scored 24 goals. He also provided 13 assists, giving a total of 37 goals scored or created, an average of 0.5 per game.
- Rooney has scored 92 goals in 192 appearances for United and created 51 assists, giving a total of 143 scored or created, an average of 0.7 per game.
- Berbatov created an average of 2.2 goalscoring opportunities per 90 minutes in the Premiership in 09/10, more than any striker in the league.
- Berbatov has scored more league goals after 5 games in 2010/2011 Carlos Tevez did all season in 2008/2009.
- Berbatov is the first United player in 64 years to score a hattrick against Liverpool. He’s the first United player in 82 years to score a hattrick against Liverpool at Old Trafford.
- Fernando Torres (£24m) has scored 57 goals in 84 games for Liverpool. He has picked up 11 assists in that time, taking the total number of goals scored or created to 68, an average of 0.8 per game.
- Robinho (£31m) scored 14 goals in 41 games for City, providing 8 assists, giving a total of 22 goals scored or created, an average of 0.5 per game.
- Didier Drogba (£24m) has scored 89 goals in 171 games for Chelsea, providing 43 assists, giving a total of 0.8 per game.
- Carlos Tevez scored 19 goals in 63 games for Manchester United, providing 10 assists, giving a total of 29 goals scored or created, an average of 0.5 per game.

Brilliant Interview With Berb – THIS Is The Type Of Player We Want

After being interview by Sky Sports after our 3-2 win over Liverpool, Dimitar Berbatov gave an interview with a Bulgarian TV network in his native tongue.

Here is the translation, with Berbatov being referred to as Mitko, the name he is known by in his home country.

Mitko you have had a troubled time…

I wouldn’t say troubled. I am not troubled. I am lucky. I have loved my time here.

A disappointing time. Would you say that?

I was disappointed with myself that I could not please all the supporters. I have said before the people of Manchester United are the judges and that is the way it should be. It is their team. I am a guest. A privileged guest.

This season what has changed?

Man, I don’t know but I’m just so happy. So confident. I feel like everything I imagine on the pitch will come true and that feels awesome. I have worked hard on my fitness. So hard. I’m not a weights guy, I’m sure you can see by my body, but I have been trying even to work on that. I ran 6 miles every day during the off season. I watched one World Cup match, went for a run. Then watched another and went for another run. This was my routine.

Wow…you must be tired!

No man that’s the thing. This crowd at Old Trafford. The way I feel right now. I’m not tired. I feel alive. I have always said I am so lucky to play here. For these people. For this manager. For this club. With these players. I can’t describe it man.

It is showing. Keep it up Mitko. What will you do now. Will you watch your goals?

No. Noooooooo! I can’t watch myself. Even when I came off and everyone was applauding I felt so shy. I love it but I don’t know how to react to it. I’m going to go home. Play with my family and maybe watch a movie later. I can’t wait for training. How weird is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment