Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My 2011

This is just one of those end-of-the-year posts, so ignore me.

2011 has got to be one of the most eventful years of my life. There were so many firsts this year, and a few lasts. So many big life moments.

The summer had been especially eventful. I graduated college in May; my parents bought me my first ever car in May, and I also got my drivers license around that time. I enjoyed my last summer vacation and went to my brother's graduation in June, and started my first job later that month. I moved into my first apartment in July and I'm currently living on my own for the first time. I also went to my first ever Manchester United game in mid-July (hopefully there would be plenty more of this!) and went to my first concert in the US (Maroon 5) in August. I also felt my first earthquake, when I was at work a few months ago. Got into my first ever car accident in September - that was quite an experience. And I also went to my first Con (NYCC) and met Felicia Day there!

Other things that I think are significant this year:
  1. Manchester United's record-breaking 19th title (hell yeah!!)
  2. I bought a 27" iMac with my first full salary. Probably not the best idea, since I spent all the money that I got for it, but it's so worth it!
  3. Reddit has basically taken over my life. You know it's bad when you see everything in a rage comic and think that herp and derp are valid words.
  4. I went Twitter crazy. I've sent about 21k tweets total, and I believe that most of them were from this past year alone. It's quite insane. I know it's not healthy but sometimes I just can't help myself.
  5. I've discovered the awesomeness of podcast! I especially love The Nerdist podcast, for various reasons, including the fact that Chris Hardwick is a nerd who talks about things I'm interested in and that he makes interviews more like fun conversations that you wanna be a part of.
  6. My growing obsessions on everything. This year was highlighted by Neil Patrick Harris and How I Met Your Mother and how much I ship Barney and Robin, and my recent discovery Doctor Who and David Tennant.

Can't really think of anything else that's important enough to be mentioned.

[A/N - I'm at work, tired, struggling to stay awake, counting down the hour and 15 minutes left on this workday before the 5-day weekend I'm about to take. I planned this post to be much better than it turned out to be, but whatever.]

No comments:

Post a Comment