Wednesday, January 8, 2014

So I'm cheating...

United isn't doing so well (it hurts me to even type that) and the last FM game that I played was the dropped one. There, my Bromley had just gotten promoted, so it's a bit more difficult to win games. We're pretty much struggling. And seeing as how FM is supposed to be my United safe space, not winning is not really ideal.

So, I started a new game! Well, first, I fired up the FM12 Editor first. I dropped Manchester United all the way down to Blue Square Bet South, and promoted Bromley to the Premier League (sorry, Bromley). I kept all the stats for United the same, which means we're insanely overqualified and overspending for a team in such a low league. For Bromley, I gave them a bit of money (£50m) in the hopes that they'd survive.

I took over United, and after a few friendlies, the season starts. The weird thing is, I had to play one league game before playing Manchester City in the Community Shield (which I lost, sadly). Let's just say, we're having a pretty easy season. We're also competing in the Champions League. Wonder what would happen if I win it, even though the club is competing in the Blue Square Bet South (probably promoted to Blue Square Bet Premier) that season.



My main concern is that my players would drop in abilities and potentials, or that they'd leave the team to get into better leagues. Haven't happened so far; morale is high and all first team players seem to be eager to stay. Hopefully this doesn't actually destroy Manchester United...

No comments:

Post a Comment