Saturday, January 11, 2014

I love Kimi

About a month ago, it was reported -- although it wasn't confirmed -- that Kimi Räikkönen had picked the number 7 as his permanent drivers number. I, along with the rest of the internet, joked that he just looked at his current helmet and just thought he'd use whatever number he had. This morning, the FIA announced the official list of drivers and their chosen numbers; Kimi did get his #7. And, today, Ferrari's website posted confirming their drivers' numbers, along with their reasons of choosing them. Of course, Kimi answered as expected -- I assume he said less words than was printed.

On his return to racing in red, Kimi Raikkonen will have the number 7 on his car, the same one he had last year. “There’s no particular story linked to it,” the Finn told www.ferrari.com. “It’s the number I already had last year and I saw no reason to change it. I like it which is good enough isn’t it?”
I do like his current helmet's design. It would probably be updated with more Ferrari colors, and definitely Ferrari sponsors, but I hope he keeps it pretty damn close to what it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment