Friday, January 24, 2014

FM14

Been playing FM14 A LOT lately (since I pretty much have nothing else to do), and I think I'm doing okay. Currently in March 2015, which is approaching the end of my second season as United's manager. The biggest change from FM12 is basically where they put everything. Tabs used to be on the upper left hand side; it's now on the right, under parent tabs. The variety of options for team talks and press conferences also took a while to get used to (especially since they moved around the tone! Why in the world would they do that‽).

I've brought in Thiago and Javier Pastore, and let go of Anderson, Tom Cleverley and Javier Hernandez. And then, as always, I spend all my money on 4+ star potential hot prospects.
Victor Valdes, who I signed for a free agent for ~$10k a week, always has this problem on FM14, unfortunately. Recently there was a post on Reddit about how he retired at the age of 32 because no clubs would sign him! I tried to get him earlier for a much higher wage but as a backup, and he (his agent?) rejected it because he wanted to be a first team regular. David DeGea, is definitely good enough for me in that position so I didn't bother. But I was pretty surprised when I tried again a few months later, and they only requested ~11k wage! Of course I took him in!

In my first season, I actually won the treble (Premier League, FA Cup, and Champions League), so obviously the board now expect me to win pretty much everything. I'm already out of the FA Cup, and they're already disappointed in me because of that; and it doesn't look like I'm gonna win the League, since I'm currently third, 7 points off the leaders Chelsea. So I kinda have to win the Champions League this season or risk getting sacked.

Side note: copied my friend the game and got him to start playing; hopefully he gets addicted!

No comments:

Post a Comment