Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Steve Jobs steps down as Apple's Chief Executive


This is definitely not the most surprising news, but it still saddens me. The man had a vision and a belief, and he built something around it. Something big. Something great. And people followed. ;]

I still remember my first Apple product: an iPod Mini back in 2004. Followed by a MacBook in 2006, and then an iPhone in 2007. I am a fan because, as Steve would say, "it just works." All their products are very simple to use yet amazing. They're easy to use and to maintain. My almost-5-year-old MacBook still works perfectly fine (even though I am looking for an upgrade to a 27" iMac some time in the next month). All of the Apple products that I've owned have helped me to a different level of appreciation towards gadgets.

He's still a director at Apple but he surely will be missed. Whoever it is appointed as Jobs' successor has huge shoes to fill.

Most of all, I'll miss Steve's presentations at WWDC.

This piece about Mr. Jobs at TechCrunch is simply beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment