Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My last summer vacation (possibly) ever

So we finally got back from our trip to California last night. It was great, spending time with my family again. I don't know what's different but when my dad left to go back home a day before we had to leave LA, I missed him way much more than I usually do. I guess I felt like I won't be able to see him – or any of them after they've left – for some time now that I have to start working soon and get practically no breaks. This is the first summer I've spent here. I don't really know when I'd be able to go back home. Hopefully by next Christmas. I haven't spent Christmas with my family since freshman year and I really miss it.

Back to the trip itself...

Our main reason for going there was for Koko's graduation (I actually graduated about a month before my older brother's :\ ). It rained during my graduation. It wasn't too bad; it didn't rain for long, but it rained. This time, for Koko's it was sunny and incredibly hot! We were sweating even before it started! It was good. It was short. A lot shorter than Rutgers'. They didn't even have a speaker! A lot of his friends showed up so it was nice. Took lots and lots of pictures then went out for dinner, inviting his friends. Only 4 (including his girlfriend) could come and I know two of them because they went to my high school, Andrew and Michelle.

The rest of the trip was pretty nice, too. Went to Disneyland, then took a trip up north to Pebble Beach, Monterey, and the surrounding areas.

Now I'm back and summer break is basically over on the first day of summer. I have to take care of moving to the apartment, obtaining SSN, all that other stuff... (my car's plate and registration is not here yet!)

I'm gonna start working on Monday and I'm definitely not ready for that chapter of my life. Everything's changing, it feels like. I don't know what I'm supposed to do to prepare for it. I'm scared, that's for sure. From now on it's just me on my own. Let's just hope I'm doing this right...

No comments:

Post a Comment