Saturday, June 25, 2011

Good job, New York!


They've finally legalized gay marriage! Pretty historic event. Happened yesterday, just a couple hours after I've left the city. So I'm assuming the voting process was happening when I was walking around Manhattan.



I was actually in Manhattan the day before, when President Obama was also there (along with Neil Patrick Harris) for an LGBT pride event. I didn't realize it then, even though I knew that Neil was hosting this event – I just didn't know when and where it was supposed to be. Then, when we were walking up fifth avenue, we saw police blockade so that we couldn't go through. We had no idea what it was until one person said, "I think Obama is supposed to be here today." Then I remembered David Burtka tweeting something about about to meet Obama at this event... then it clicked. Then I got REALLY excited. Not only do I get to see Obama's parade pretty up close, (more importantly) NPH IS IN THE CITY!! It was around dinner time and we were already pretty tired but I just couldn't help but imagine how wonderful it would be to get a glimpse of Neil and David! I would so stalk them around the city if it's at all possible! But yeah, it didn't happen, or I would write about that and forget about marriage equality...

No comments:

Post a Comment