Sunday, May 8, 2011

Community: A Fistful of Paintballs

[NOTE: I know I said my 1,000th post will be about my graduation but I just can't ignore the awesomeness that is Community. At least for right now, this is bigger than just a celebration of me not failing college.]


Anyways, I just can't express how much I love "A Fistful of Paintballs" through words. It was a highly anticipated episode and it delivered. "Modern Warfare" was definitely the best episode of season 1, so when they said they were gonna do another paintball episode, they know it has to be good. It has to be really, really good. And they did it. I love the Western theme, making it a completely different episode.




Annie was BADASS in this episode. It was an Annie-centric episode in a way. Lost's Josh Holloway guest stars as the mysterious and extremely good-looking The Black Rider (Abed: "He's really good looking. Like network TV good looking."). And of course, Jeff is insecure about his looks compared to him ("You okay? I got a better look at him. He's not that good-looking."). Love it. Love the structure of the story and the characters. Love the show.


I just love the episode so freaking much! It's my favorite episode of season 2, even though quite a few will come close. Can't wait for the second half of the finale!! I have to say, Community has been really strong in season 2. If they're not recognized as they're supposed to be, I'm gonna be pissed. This is such an amazing show with so much diversity. What other show can do a zombie-attack Halloween episode? Or an episode with a trampoline as a storyline? And the claymation, that was something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment