Saturday, February 26, 2011

Wil Wheaton is a Browncoat

After watching quite a few Wil Wheaton videos on YouTube last night (mostly on The Guild panel at several Comic-Cons with Felicia Day), I became interested in him and his career. It seems that I am diving into the geek culture a little bit deeper. And then I listened to the latest The Nerdist podcast that has Wil as the guest, and I loved it! Chris Hardwick (Nerdist) and Wil have been friends since they were young so they had a lot of stories to tell. They were hilarious! I may have been too young to know anything about Wil's earlier career but I am now intrigued. I haven't watched too many of Wil's works but I love him on The Big Bang Theory, which I recently watched again, and The Guild.

[Wil Wheaton, yet another cute and adorable nerd/geek, and Felicia Day]

Anyways, I just found out that he's a Browncoat so I'm so crushing on him right now!!
We could see a resurgence of geek-friendly movies that actually reward our intelligence (ie: more The Matrix, and less Catwoman). And if not, there's always Firefly on DVD.
clipped from here.

[Taken from Wil's Twitter]
And during the podcast Wil said this:
I have this joke with my wife where I'll say like, "you know I'm kinda a big deal!" And I just mean it as a joke and I'm actually just doing my best Nathan Fillion as Captain Hammer impression when I do that. And by the way, when you have Nathan on your show, if you ever want me to forgive you for not having me just come hang out and sit in the room when you had Matt Smith on your show, you better bring me over to just come over, hang out, and be like, "oh, that's my weird friend who sits in the corner and drools."

And some of these are just adorable: [link]

No comments:

Post a Comment