Sunday, February 20, 2011

This is why Twitter is awesome

[How awesome would it be if this leads to an actual job offer?!]


So David Kay is an entrepreneur in mobile application development, who came to Rutgers as a panel to discuss mobile application entrepreneur. I love mobile app developments so that event was very interesting for me. Unfortunately I was unable to stay afterward to talk to any of the panelists but I found out that he's on Twitter (@DavidYKay) so I just followed him. Even though I never though Twitter would lead to job opportunities, when I started my job search early last semester, I kept hearing that you should have your social networking accounts as professional as possible. Or set the privacy settings to very private so that possible employers won't see things you don't want them to see. So I created my @dsoegijono Twitter account as my "professional" account. I just started following tech people and sites and possible employers and learned a lot about a lot of things! So that was that. Never thought it would actually lead to a job opportunity! So thank you, Twitter, for being this awesome.

This is why Twitter trumps Facebook. Unless, of course, my interview actually went better than I thought and I get a job offer from Facebook, then Facebook wins; because I didn't get accepted for an interview with Twitter. I need to find someone who's affiliated with Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment