Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thanks for all your contribution, Silvest!

Mikael Silvestre has decided to leave Manchester United and join rival Arsenal on an undisclosed fee earlier this week. It came as a surprise to me because I had no idea he was transfer listed or that Arsenal (and Man City) were interested. It said that Mikael was very close on signing with Shitty before hearing that Arsenal were also interested and decided to go for another red shirted team. Well I don't like the fact that he signed for a rival club but he is good enough to be at a top club, and most top clubs are United's rivals. Plus, it's better Arsenal than Shitty, obviously!

The versatile French defender won 10 major trophies in almost a decade at Old Trafford, but completed a move to the Emirates Stadium on Wednesday evening.

"I’ve spent a large part of my career at United, the last nine years, and I’ll remember that time fondly but feel I’m ready for a new challenge," he told the official Arsenal website.

"Arsenal is known for playing technical and skilful football, and has a young but experienced squad. I’m really excited about this next stage of my career, hopefully playing my part in helping the club to new successes."
Good luck Silvest!

1 comment:

  1. good blog!
    my name is kiran prasain i am from nepal you can sent me mail at kiranprasain@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete