Friday, November 22, 2013

I would love to see Mark Webber at Old Trafford


Carrick had just extended his contract to 2015, which goes against United's (or it could have been Fergie's) policy of 1 year extensions for players over 30. Webber is about to race his final Formula 1 grand prix this Sunday, at the Interlagos circuit. It's quite exciting, since this is looking to be the first and only wet grand prix of the season. The only thing is, the United game at Cardiff City is on at the same time as the race! I can watch one on my iPad and the other on my iMac, but it would have been much better if they were one after the other.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing Mark Webber at Old Trafford in the near future, especially since I won't be seeing much of him out of F1.



Speaking of F1, I've been watching this stream of the 2007 season. Except for the Hamilton bias by the English broadcasters, it's been fantastic. Love the Alonso vs. Hamilton battle, and Kimi snatching the win at the very last race, and all the espionage controversy. It really was an exciting season. Although, it's funny to see a younger Mark Webber troubled by car issues in his Red Bull. I know Red Bull was far from their current selves and reliability issues were much higher back then, but it seems like his bad luck continues until his last season. I've watched 4 races of the 2007 season, and Webber had retired 3 times due to engine/electrical issues, and he finished third at the fourth race.

No comments:

Post a Comment