Thursday, November 14, 2013

GQ's Man of the Year

Justin Timberlake is one of this year's Men of the Year, according to GQ (and I completely agree; he should be the man of every year). This means he appears on the cover of the magazine, accompanied by an article, and hopefully some more pictures from the photo shoot.

The article, "#Hashtag of the Year," was posted GQ's website. I don't know if it was just good writing or just my fangirlism, but reading the interview made me feel very protective of Justin. Which is pretty strange, seeing as I'm not a preteen fangirl anymore. Well, I'm not a preteen but Justin has proved to me, multiple times this year, that I'm still as big a crazy irrational fangirl as I was ten years ago. The fact that criticisms affect him, and affect him that much, surprised me. He's been in the entertainment industry for a couple decades now; he's been doing this since he was a kid; so I assumed that he's managed to ignore critics. And he's right, if it was anyone else, they would be getting praises for releasing an album like "The 20/20 Experience -- 2 of 2."

This is where my irrationality came in. You know, those "annoying" Beliebers who seem over protective of their Justin and sometimes even cyber-attack the haters? I *almost* felt that way. Well, at least in my opinion I wasn't that crazy. My reaction was more, "How dare they make Justin upset?" and for a moment I really wanted to defend him, but that's just a stupid waste of time. JT is completely fine without me. I should have grown out of this. Right?

Anyways, thanks GQ for the article and the pictures. Justin definitely has had a huge year, and fully deserves this title.

No comments:

Post a Comment