Friday, September 13, 2013

This is much harder than I expected

In my last FM12 game, where I resigned as Man Utd manager, I decided to take the job of managing England national team for World Cup Qualifiers. I wanted to manage a lower league team, and since I had to add those leagues, I had to wait until the current season ended before those leagues were added to the game. That meant I had about half a season with nothing to do, so I thought why not.

I think I'm doing pretty well as England manager.


However, once the lower leagues had been added, I looked for an opening at a Blue Square Bet North/South club. I randomly picked a club, and it happened to be Bromley. I had pretty much no budget; wage budget £575 per week, and no transfer budget whatsoever.


Hopefully I'll get the hang of it by the end of the season, and start moving up the leagues soon. It's quite a learning curve, going from Manchester United arguably the best team in the world, with plenty of world class players, to a team with players hired on no contract.

My current plan is to take Bromley all the way up to the Premier League, and maybe play a season or two there, before taking United back, if possible. Or maybe by that time I'd be too attached to my Bromley players?

No comments:

Post a Comment