Sunday, July 21, 2013

Legends of the Summer

That. Was. Amazing!

It was ~2.5 hours of nonstop fun. The show opened with "Holy Grail," my favorite song off of Jay Z's new album. Coincidentally, the song I'm currently listening to while writing this post. I love Justin's vocals on the song; it's a great way to open the album, and it's a great way to open the show. I was interested in seeing what Justin and Jay Z would do in terms of collaboration, and I was happy to see the seamless interaction they had throughout the show. The only time I sat down was when Justin told us to, during "Until the End of Time."

The only tiny thing that wasn't awesome was that it was super hot that day. 90ºF+ and humid. So by the time we got to Yankee Stadium, we were already sweating like crazy. And it didn't help that it was packed in there. Still danced because how could you not?! That night, exhausted and sweaty, we had to go to the extremely stuffy subway station and rushed to Port Authority to catch the last bus back to New Jersey. We (barely) missed it, so we had to run to Penn Station and catch the last train back. My feet were hurting and I should have bought a drink, but damn that was a fun night!

Seriously though, this has been one of the best weekends ever! With Justin and Jay Z, and Moyes' first win as Manchester United manager, plus videos from SDCC, it's just awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment